2nd Annual Reading Fair

Thank you for stopping by!

Back in November, my students started working on their reading fair projects. This is the second year my teammate and I have done this fair. Last year my students enjoyed this project and this year was no different. This year, some of my students couldn't wait to get started. 

In my hope to build a community of readers, this project is intended to get students engaged in reading and to also get others interested in the book they are reading. Overall I think this is my favorite part of the year. As my students are working in and out of class on their project I anticipate the final product.

This project was also a great way to show what my students had learned in regards to fiction reading and everything they were taught during the first semester. In this project they has to include:
~A description of the main characters
~The setting
~Tone/Mood
~Point of view
~Problem
~Solution
~Plot summary
~Authour's purpose


These are a few projects I snapped a picture of:




To get the fifth grader excited about the project they will be doing next year, we had them be the judges. They were given a scoring sheet and were ask to look at creativity, uses of materials, and overall quality of the project. 

And the winner is....


All students also when presenting their book were to give a book talk. We asked them to be as natural as possible because they were the ones that read the book, their job was to get other to want to read the book too. To help them prepare for the presentation we gave an outline of what their book talk needed to include. Below is an example format they followed. 

Click here for a free copy

Remember reading is important and making it fun has to be too!!!!


No comments

Back to Top