Classroom Setup Day 1


I am so excited to get this school year started because I am going to be at a new school, in a new district and teaching a new grade. I will be teaching fifth grade and after teaching sixth for the past two years I was ready for a change. I absolutely believe I have found my school home and plan on staying here for a while!!!

Today I finally moved all my school stuff to my new classroom and did a little work that I want to share. My lovely husband spent his morning helping me and I an forever grateful because you won't believe what we found in my newly cleaned room. LOL crazy funny!


Before I moved all my totes in to the room, I can promise it didn't look like such a mess :(. I am so happy my principal was really listening when I was telling him the things I needed for my classroom because I wanted a lot of shelves!!! He got my four huge shelves and I am so excited to get my books on them. I also counted the desk and I only have 21, so I'm thinking that is how many students will will have which I an happy with after having 27 sixth graders in one room. I am not really a teacher desk person so I placed it in the back of the room out of the way so just in case I actually use it. 


In the first picture on the top left, along the was is about ten boxes full of books. If you know and follow me my book lovin' heart was beating out of my chest LOL :)! Later this week I'll spend so time organizing and putting in to my Booksource system. 

From the pictures you can see for the most part all my big furniture has been placed where I want it thanks to my husband. In the process of moving shelves and tables all of a sudden one of my daughters yells mouse and we see this little mouse running along the outside of the wall in the room (by the way this is my newly cleaned classroom).  We all quickly ran out of the room and too the office LOL (including my husband because he is not a big fan of mice). Sadly the custodians couldn't help so we ended up going to the store to buy traps and sad a little prayer that the mouse finds a new home by tomorrow LOL. 

Once again thanks for dropping my and hope you enjoyed what I had to say.



No comments

Back to Top