Stability Ball Seating

Why sit on a chair when you can sit on a stability ball!

I am so excited to start the 2015-2016 school year and I am even more excited that I have gotten rid of my chair. YES, NO MORE CHAIRS! My awesome teammate received a class set of stability balls last school year to use with her students. This school year our gym teacher had a set that no one was use so my teammate decided to let my have hers and use the other balls (Why??) (the new set has feet so the balls don't roll). 

This will by my first year ever using stability balls in my classroom, but I am up to the challenge. (not really a challenge because I know I will have a great group of students that will definitely use the balls to their full potential)

This is what my classroom looked like before I got the stability balls. 

This is the new and improved seating in my classroom currently!





I created two big groups with my tables to give my classroom more room to walk and other seating.

I made the rings my stability balls sit on out of pool noodles that I cut in half. I held them together with duck tape (for now till I find something better). Great cheap way to keep the stability balls from rolling around when students are not using them. I can sit them under the table or on top of the table when they mop my floors after school. 



With my stability balls comes responsibility for my students. This means there are rules to be followed. Below are my stability ball rules.




I am hoping with the new seating that I see an increase of concentration and engagement from my students. Feel to leave any question you have below or email me at teachinglittlesmarties@gmail.com

Thanks for stopping by :)



No comments

Back to Top