Classroom Bulletin Boards



I am so happy to link up with Angie at Lucky Little Learners and Ashley at Schroeder Shenanigans in 2nd this month to talk about bulletin boards.


In my classroom, I currently have seven bulletin boards in my classroom. Below are three of those seven. This is the most bulletin boards I have ever had in my classroom LOL. I like to leave my bulletin boards mostly blank because I hang up the anchor charts we create together on all the boards. I also have a small board in the front of the room that is not pictured that I use for student data. 


I have been following some awesome teachers on Instagram and I can't wait to let my student know what I am reading. This idea can from Literacy for Big Kids. In order for students to be lifelong readers, they have to know their teacher also reads. You can't expect students to do things you don't do yourself!


Below are some tip to save money and set up your classroom bulletin boards.


I love using bordette on my bulletin boards. I don't have to worry about a theme or having to change it later in the year if it doesn't match something in my classroom. Also, bordette is easy on your budget and won't break the bank if you are buying at least four rolls. Each roll will run you about 3 dollars and some change. 

Using the same color border and color paper on all your bulletin board creates a cohesive look throughout your classroom and students attention won't bounce in so many different places because too many colors and cause a distraction. I have also layered my border in the past years and it too can fancy things up a bit. 

This year I decided to save money and not purchase any new bulletin board letters. I have so many great fonts on my computer that I decided to enlarge the font and use it as the letters for my board. In the picture above of some of my boards, I have used KG Fonts and Hello Fonts. I only invested in Astro Bright paper to print on. 

When school starts my boards are empty with some exceptions, I like to leave that space for all my anchor chart I have created with my students. The posters become more meaningful and students will use them more than any store-bought posters. 




Thanks for stopping by!

No comments

Back to Top