Book Study: The Literacy Teacher's Playbook (Grades 3-6)

For the upcoming school year, I have been looking at different professional development books to read over the summer. While searching my instructional coach's office, I found The Literacy Teacher's Playbook by Jennifer Serravallo. I chose to read this book because next year we will be focusing on DATA big time in my building. 



I will be starting a book student on this beautiful book starting June 8th. Every Sunday and Wednesday I will post about the section read. The first section will be pages 1-12, and I will post it on Wednesday June 10th. 

There are only four chapters in this book, but I will be splitting the chapters into parts. I want to make sure all the information is covered. 

Also, as I go through this study, I will be posting resources to use as far as data collection in your classroom. 

Upcoming:

6/8: Read, 6/10: Post
Chapter 1: Data Collection
- Tools for Assessing Reading and Writing
- Assessing Reading Engagement
-Assessing Fluency
- Assessing Print Work/Decoding

Can't wait to read your comments and ideas!

No comments

Back to Top